Effective Date: November 3, 2010 This privacy notice covers the online information practices of the National Academy of Public Administration at www.napawash.org.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this policy to explain our online information practices and the way your information is collected and used. This policy may change over time. We will indicate at the "Effective Date" section above when such changes take place.
Our Disclosure Policies
The Academy does not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose any information we collect about our site visitors. We will, however, comply with law enforcement requests for information that follow appropriate legal standards and procedures.
Our Retention Policies
Email addresses submitted to subscribe to mailings lists are retained until you remove your name from the mailing list. Copies of mailing lists may be retained for backup storage. In the event that we experience technical difficulties that cause us to revert to a backup copy of a mailing list, and in the unlikely circumstance that the backup list does not include the most recent changes, our systems may restore your address to a mailing list, and you may be required to remove your address a second time. Any information you provide to us via email or through feedback forms on our Web site (as well as responses, if any, to your inquiry or comment) may be retained indefinitely.
What information does the Academy automatically collect when you visit our Web site?
When you visit our Web site, we will record the following information about you in our log files:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Browser type, version, and operating system;
- URL of the page that directed you to our site;
- Whether you have bookmarked our Web site on your Web browser – This information is only reported for Internet Explorer users;
- The Web pages within our site that you visit;
- Amount of time you spend during a visit to our site;
- Time and date of your site visit; and
- Search terms used in searches on our Web site.
How do we use the information you share with the Academy?
Except as noted here, the Academy uses information that you share with us only for internal purposes. Specifics types of information include:
- Mailing Lists - If you submit your email address to be added to a mailing list, we will use the email address for the sole purpose of sending you announcements and news bulletins.
- Feedback and Emailing Us - We use your feedback to improve our site and our organization. If you choose to provide information about yourself using a feedback or email form on our Web site, we will not use the information for any purpose other than to respond to your inquiry or to act on your suggestion or comment. We will not share your information with others except with your permission or upon your request.
What information is collected by third parties on our Web site?
None of the third-party media features on our Web site will collect information about you unless you actively click on them (for example, pressing play to watch a video or to hear a podcast). The following media features will collect data from you when you choose to interact with their features on our website:
- Share on Facebook - You can share content from our site on Facebook. To use this feature, you must enter your Facebook login information. This information is collected directly by Facebook, and will not in any way be transmitted to or logged by the National Academy. Sharing articles on Facebook will take you off of our Web site and on to Facebook’s Web Site. This will not result in cookies being placed on your computer by our Web site, but may result in cookies being placed by Facebook.
What if I have concerns or want to know what information you have about me?
Feel free to contact us via our feedback page to ask us to disclose to you any information we have about you. You have the right to correct, update, or delete information that we may have about you.
If you have any concerns about this policy, please contact: National Academy of Public Administration, 1600 K Street N.W., Suite 400 Washington, DC 20006 Phone: (202) 347-3190