DOJ Law Enforcement Classification Study
Project: DOJ Law Enforcement Classification Study
Client: Department of Justice
Description: DOJ entered into an agreement with the National Academy of Public Administration (the Academy) to conduct an independent study to examine a series of matters related to Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) classification status.
- Assess the current use of law enforcement classification status at Headquarters and Field levels
- Evaluate the extent and degree to which law enforcement status in statute has been applied to positions at Headquarters and Field levels
- Benchmark DOJ’s current practices, protocols, and procedures for designating positions as law enforcement against best practices of other federal law enforcement agencies
- Recommend revisions to ensure compliance with evidence-based classifications
- Develop an implementation plan for specific revisions, to assess program success, and monitor program fidelity.