Preparing the AI Workforce of the Future with Kaye Husbands Fealing
Season: 1 Episode:32 | November 30, 2020
In this episode, we welcome Kaye Husbands Fealing, Dean and Ivan Allen Jr. Chair, College of Liberal Arts, Georgia Institute of Technology and Academy Fellow, to discuss how Georgia Tech integrates the School of Liberal Arts and Public Administration into its operation, how government can govern this technological space, and ethics and bias in AI.
With Kaye Husbands Fealing, Dean and Ivan Allen Jr. Chair, College of Liberal Arts, Georgia Institute of Technology and Academy Fellow
- Integrating STEM, public policy and liberal arts in educating the workforce of the future including teaching cybersecurity and AI to the next generation of public administrators
- The collaboration of humanity and AI in the workforce including the implications for human behavior and governance
- Framing AI as additive rather than extractive and articulating the role of academia in the democratization of AI
- Ethics and bias in the adoption of AI including exacerbating inequalities through the perception of minority communities in facial recognition
- Building a trustworthy AI through a proactive government guarantee of equity of access
- Collaboration to achieve intergovernmental and intersectoral solutions to rising AI-related problems
Music Credits: Sea Breeze by Vlad Gluschenko | https://soundcloud.com/vgl9
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.c...
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Relevant Content from the Academy