Public Administration, Technology, and the Future with Jay Walder
Season: 1 Episode:30 | November 16, 2020
In this episode, we welcome Jay Walder, CEO of Virgin Hyperloop One and new Academy Fellow, to discuss his leadership of the public transit systems of Hong Kong, New York City, and London, the potential effects of the Virgin Hyperloop on transportation, logistics, and life in general, and the role of AI in public transportation and public administration.
With Jay Walder, CEO of Virgin Hyperloop One and Academy Fellow
- The differences in administering the transit systems of London, New York City, and Hong Kong
- "Making every dollar count" in New York during the Great Recession
- Applying lessons learned in London to New York City including "the subway countdown clock"
- Hong Kong Metro's 99.99% on-time rate and how the MTR turns a profit
- The importance of collaboration between state and national governments when building systems for the future
- The outlook on the Virgin Hyperloop and its potential effects on transportation, logistics, and life in general
- Developing with governments within the U.S. and around the world
- Recommendations for future public administrators on technological preparation
Music Credits: Sea Breeze by Vlad Gluschenko | https://soundcloud.com/vgl9
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.c...
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Relevant Content from the Academy