Finding Meaningful Work in the Post-COVID World with Joyce Wilson
Season: 1 Episode:40 | February 08, 2021
In this episode, we welcome Joyce Wilson, currently appointed by the governor of Texas to chair the board of Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority and Academy Fellow to preparing individuals for meaningful work in the post-COVID economy.
With Academy Fellow, Joyce Wilson, currently appointed by the governor of Texas to chair the board of Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority
- The biggest challenges she faced as city manager of El Paso from 2004 to 2014
- Revenue model challenges and weathering the 2008 financial crisis
- How federal funds can be structured to best meet people's needs on the frontlines of COVID
- Collaboration between different levels of government during COVID.
- The post-COVID economic recovery and the importance and details of a national workforce strategy
- How to prepare people for the future of work with a federated approach
- The impact of a regional workforce board on connecting individuals to meaningful work
- Addressing infrastructure deficiencies after the 2008 financial crisis
Music Credits: Sea Breeze by Vlad Gluschenko | https://soundcloud.com/vgl9
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.c...
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Relevant Content from the Academy