Navigating Fiscal Health at All Levels of Government During COVID-19 and Beyond with Scott Pattison
Season: 1 Episode:21 | September 08, 2020
In this episode, we welcome Scott Pattison, the Deputy Executive Director of the Multistate Tax Commission and Academy Fellow, to discuss the difference between the national deficit and national debt, the comparison between the current fiscal crisis and the 2008 financial crisis, engaging constituents with budgetary trade-offs, and advice for fiscal health after COVID-19.
With Scott Pattison, the Deputy Executive Director of the Multistate Tax Commission and an Academy Fellow
- The difference between the national deficit and the national debt
- The current state of fiscal health
- Comparing economic impacts from the current crisis with the 2008 financial crisis
- State and local government's ability to recover from the 2008 crisis in preparation for this one
- Challenges for state and local governments during this crisis (what happens when rainy day funds run out)
- How state and local should engage with constituents during a crisis
- How tax structures and fee structures affect the revenue and the tax base
- One piece of advice for fiscal futures beyond COVID-19
Music Credits: Sea Breeze by Vlad Gluschenko | https://soundcloud.com/vgl9
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.c...
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Relevant Content from the Academy